Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sick

I have never been so sick in my life.

Fevers, chills, sweats, coughs.

Throat infection. Ooohhh. So, SO Nasty.

Severe throat pain. Se-VERE.

Coughs..

It was pure torture. PURE TOR-TURE. I felt like acid was burning through my pharynx. Whenever I coughed, my throat felt like it would EXPLODE in pain and tears streamed uncontrollably down my face. I was pathetic. I was certain that my voice would never be the same and that I would have a permanent hoarse-y, raspy voice which might not be so bad, but my point is it was, like, life-altering painful.

Hubs was doing no better. Chills and heavy sweats in the night. The mattress and pillows were soaked. He had a low-grade fever running persistently, which was really worrying.

But even in his great discomfort and fogginess from the flu, he had the presence of mind(or not) to research our symptoms online over the weekend, talk to the doctor, drive us to the doctor and get our prescriptions and drive us home; all the way holding my hand and comforting me, giving me hugs and generally just wearing a sick-with-worry-about- wifey-even-though-I'm-miserable-myself look.

That just says everything about how much my hubs loves me. I'm the luckiest girl - I have the best hubby a girl could want.


A couple more days on Vykedin and Tylenol and we were both pretty on the well-paved way to recovery. By the time we got to the doctor's though, I had lost my voice and was thereafter silenced for the week. And no, my voice did not attain that somewhat appealing raspy quality.










No comments: