Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Caffeine Hungover


I hadn't been sleeping well the past week, and for the last 2 days, I had sat in Starbucks cramming for my final paper.

Ooooh, I am so not a coffee drinker. The last coffee I had was probably in junior college that kept me buzzing til 3 in the morning. I was literally skipping home from school.

From desperation to keep awake in the middle of the day, and with some incomprehensible fuzzy logic, I convinced myself that some caffeine wouldn't hurt, and that ice blended COFFEE WITH Chocolate Chips didn't have half as much caffeine in it. And Grande it was too. Twice.

By evening, my legs had mischievously acquired a whole psychotic life of their own, shakin' up a diabolical storm under the table.

I went to bed with my mind still racing and whirling.

Well I woke at 6 this morning, biked to school and finished the paper, came home and collapsed into bed and crashed for a couple of hours.

I finally woke, started getting up and felt like my head just got encased in a too-small cement block.

I fell back on the pillow and spouted some profanity into the dark.

When I finally managed to roll off the bed, I downed a liter of water. I'm not sure that was a remedy for hangovers of any sort, but I was thirsty.

And since, I've been sitting on this couch, balancing that cement helmet on my head and visualizing my brain liquidifying into murky substance (*play Space Odyssey music*).


If this is as hungover as I'll ever get, it's not so bad, but I think I'll just stick to Milo next time.


***

No comments: