Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Survivor Mommy

So we got to spend an exclusive weekend together while Daddy was away on business. No grandmas, no sitters, no pets, just the two of us, the lil' bub and I.

Before hubs set off, I ran a plan of several outings through my mind: Farmer's Markets, getting more clothes and a sunhat at the baby store, making a trip to the supermarket for groceries, walks.

This is the first lesson I learnt, that I should discuss any plans with baby before I set my heart on any plans because the bub, being a sentient, thinking individual with some of Daddy's personality to boot, decided these trips were not his kind of fun.

What's more fun for a baby on a rainy weekend? Self expression at best.

To stay awake all Friday and fuss and have mommy catch his spit-ups and mop up sour milk everywhere, so that we can have a bath tonight.

Followed by a lazy Saturday- since it's been raining all day, would sleep in til 10, get a snack from mommy, nap another hour, and continue to nip-nap his way through the rest of the afternoon.

nd Sunday is for poop and play! 3 blowouts before noon (a record!) and another for good measure later in the afternoon. Lots of storytime, practicing vowels, surveying the territory, some boogie woogie on the floor, and working out those muscles with some 15pounder bicep curls and deadlifts(that's mommy).

Eat Sleep Poop and Play

So I caught that book-movie(Eat Pray Love) by Elizabeth Gilbert, starring Julia Roberts, while being held hostage with the bub zonked out across my lap. I think the bub had more fun with his philosophy.


Daddy comes home tomorrow morning, and we can't wait to see him!

1 comment:

shopping mama queen said...

sounds like you are having lotsa fun with Ryan.

Happy for you!